My sister’s Dreamsicle Cake is one of my favorite summertime desserts. It’s light, luscious and delicious!
Servings: 16 Servings
- 15.25 oz Duncan Hines box Orange Supreme Cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 tbsp orange extract
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and butter or spray with non-stick spray 2 9-inch round pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, oil and extract and beat with a mixer for 1 minute. Distribute the batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For the icing, in a medium bowl, mix the sour cream, powdered sugar and extract with a whisk until well blended. Fold in the Cool Whip. Assemble the cake on a cake stand: cake layer one, ⅓ of the icing, cake layer 2 and the remaining icing on top and all around the sides.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply