Crockpot Roast Beef
- 4-5 lb boneless chuck roast
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large onion sliced
- 5 garlic cloves sliced
- Stab holes on all sides of chuck roast. Whisk together olive oil and red wine vinegar then rub all over meat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil, parsley, and garlic powder evenly on top and bottom.
- Place half of the onion on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by the roast, then remaining onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the beef shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove the roast from the crock pot and transfer to a cutting board. Pull beef apart using two forks.
To make gravy, strain broth and pour into a small saucepan. In a small bowl make a slurry by whisking 2 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 ½ tablespoon water. Whisk slurry into broth, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. The gravy will thicken as it simmers.
Tried this recipe?Mention @dinnerin321 or tag #dinnerin321!
Leave a Reply